Monday, June 28, 2010

New Mom Groups

It is so important to join a, "New Moms Group." I gave two suggested groups in links on the right hand side of this page. One is called Baby Bites and the other is Big City Moms. These groups are located in NYC, but every city and town have their own version. These groups saved my life and taught me everything that I needed to know about being a mom. I made my best friends by going to their lunch meeting sleep deprived. If I did nothing else in the first few months of my son's life, I got to at least one meeting a week. I lived for Tuesday afternoons at 1!
Your old friends are always going to be around. However it is very important to make friends with other moms who have children the same age as your new little one. It helps you keep your sanity to be able to talk to other moms going through the same things at the same times. For example, if your child recently had trouble pooping or just began applesauce, you will be very excited to talk about this. People that don't have children that age may listen to you for a minute, but will not want to listen to you for an hour. Another mom who has a baby that age will be more the happy to listen to you rant and rave about the new little things that your baby may or may not be doing.
You can never have too many friends!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment