Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Diaper Rash

So for the last month my family has all taken a turn having an awful cold. Each one of use has needed antibiotics for it. It sucked!

Along with the cold my daughter had had a small diaper rash. She had this from teething I think. I learned that when you already have a diaper rash from teething and you go on antibiotics, this usually makes the rash about 100 times worse. Almost like a woman's yeast infection. The original rash had small circular dots, which is usually a yeast type of rash because teething changes the ph in urine. You can use lotrimin (the athletes foot cream) for this.
After the meds my daughter needed a prescription diaper cream that did not work, and then a burn cream called silver nitrate to clear the rash and it still took a week.

The moral of the story....if your child gets a diaper rash that has spots seek lotrimin, if it doesn't clear up in a few days, see a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment