Monday, July 12, 2010

Weight After Baby

Many people say it takes nine months to gain it and it takes nine months to loose it! It took me a year to loose it all with my son. It sucked! I did everything and then some to get all the weight off.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I ate better, gained less but 6 months postpartum, I still have 12lbs to go.

I breast fed both of my children for 6 months and people always say when you breast feed the weight melts off.

I am living proof and so are about 10 other moms that I have recently spoken to, the last 10-15lbs do not come off (typically) until after you are done breast feeding. We are pretty sure it is hormones. It is also very hard to cut calories to what you really need to, to get that last bit off.

Breast feed your babies as long as you wish, but just understand that you cannot expect to reclaim your former weight and your former body, until you are done 100%. I have tried it and failed. Be proud to breast feed your children if you choose to and it works for you and baby. Do not knock those that don't! And, don't be hard on yourself to look perfect too quickly. When your all done feeding your baby, you can focus on the rest. You are doing a selfless act!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post. I really thought I would be able to lose these last 10 pounds, but no matter what I do they I can't get rid of them. It's hard to not just pop back to the way you used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help, don't loose hope!

    ReplyDelete